What a week. . . .

I've been putting off blogging about this, but I think it's time to get it out. A few weeks ago, I did a post about my brother {Michael} & sister in law {Sarah}, adopting a baby boy. If you don't remember, you can read about it here. Last Monday, I picked Landry up from school, and we headed to Dallas. I was so excited! I think we made the trip in 5 hrs instead of 6. ha! Why was I excited? Baby L was to be born Tuesday, and I had the privilege of being the only one at hospital with Michael & Sarah. Ya'll, this aunt was SUPER excited. Sure enough, baby L was born that afternoon, and just around 40 min old, I was in the back, holding my precious, tiny little nephew. {I have photos, many, many photos,  but due to respect of Michael & Sarah, I will not post}. I stayed at the hospital all day, and part of the evening. The next day, I took my Nan, Landry & S {Michael & Sarah's foster daughter} to meet baby L. 

We all held him, except for Landry, she wanted NO part in him. We all loved on him, and then it was time to take S to an appointment. I hugged & kissed baby L, and told him aunt Amy would be back later with his brand new car seat, so he could go home in a few hours. What little did I know was about to happen in the next few hours. I dropped everyone off, and Landry and I went shopping. Baby L was right at 5lbs at birth, so he needed some preemie clothes, and of course a new beanie. Aunt Amy wasn't about to let him go home in that blue & pink stripped hat the hospital gave him. ;-)

I was walking around Homegoods when I got the call - it was my brother, all he said was, "She changed her mind." For some warped reason, I thought he was kidding. Unfortunately, he was not. I just dropped my phone in my purse, and stood there...for what seemed like eternity. I didn't know what to say, or what to do. I jumped in my car, and headed to Michael & Sarah's house. I will spare you the details of what happened those next few days, but it was tragic. It was hear breaking to say the least. {You can read Sarah's post about losing baby L here.  Michael & Sarah have been waiting for a baby for 4 years. After trying to get pregnant, a failed IVF, an emergency hysterectomy, numerous babies that were placed with other couples......we thought this was "the one." I guess GOD had other plans.

 I have to believe that everything happens for a reason. Maybe GOD wanted them to experience the bad part of adoption, in order to experience the good? Maybe HE has bigger plans for them? They have said they are not sure they want to do this again, but I hope they do. I hope they due because if they don't, they are letting the devil win. The deserve a baby, and I believe he/she's out there somewhere. 



"Adoption is like a scavenger hunt, you have to travel so far sometimes to find the little treasures God has left for us but it is worth it in the end! 

Please keep them in your prayers. Not only did they lose their miracle baby, but they found out {the same week} their foster daughter {who they hoped to adopt} will be going to live with her cousin. They are beyond devastated. 

Here are a few photos from our week in Dallas. 
{a heart has been placed over S for privacy} 



If you would like to read Michael & Sarah's adoption profile, click here


Comments

Stacy said…
Amy, I have no words other than to say my heart is broken for Sarah, Michael and your entire family. I simply can't imagine. My sister kept me in the loop and I was over the top w/excitement when I found out about L...only to be devastated a day later when I was told the mother changed her mind. I walked this road w/a very dear friend 7 years ago and she is now the proud mother of two little boys, 6 & 2. Please encourage Sarah to press on b/c there is hope and if anyone in this world deserves to be a mom, it's her! Hug her tightly and let her know I am praying for her and she is in my thoughts daily.

Popular posts from this blog

SIX months

{2011} Christmas Card

State Fair of Texas