State Fair of Texas, part 2

Another reason I was sad to miss the State Fair of Texas last weekend. . . . . . my Nan's quilt. My Nan entered three of her fabulous, hand quilted {which is rare these days. Most people machine quilt}, quilts in the the fair this year. Two of her quilts won 10th place {which is good, considering there were hundreds & hundreds of entries} 

BUT this awesome quilt won 2nd place! For those of you who do not quilt, it's a postage stamp quilt. It took many hours cutting these tiny little "postage stamp" squares. 
She was so excited & proud. 



My brother, sister in law, and my Nan went to the fair this afternoon, and sent me these photos. 





Nan, we are SO proud of you! Way to go!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SIX months

{2011} Christmas Card

State Fair of Texas