Spring Break



We're back from Spring Break! We really enjoyed spending time with family & friends. While in Dallas, we took the train to the Dallas Zoo.  The kids really enjoyed the zoo {and the train ride} and the bigger kids {me, Michael & Sarah} were worn out - ha! After the zoo, we stopped at Corner Bakery in West End and enjoyed a late lunch on the patio. It was nice, and of course, we love to people watch. ;-) 









While in Dallas, I celebrated my 35th birthday. Yes, 35th. Saturday night, we all went to dinner to celebrate. We ate at a really great Mexican restaurant on the lake. SUPER FUN! 

Sunday, we had a "Stock The Nursery" shower for my sister in law, Sarah. Sarah & Michael have been trying to adopt for a while now, but recently they've decided to go the foster-to-adopt route. I am so excited for them. They are done with their classes and have completed one home study and have one home study to go. Since they do not have any kids, they will need all the necessary kid gear for their foster {hopefully adoptable} child. We decided to help them out, so her best friend Katie and I put together a stock the nursery shower. It was so much fun, and they got a lot of really great things. Now, they just need a baby! 

Sunday evening [my actual birthday}, Sarah, Michael, my dad and the kids went out for pizza and ice cream. A very low key 35th birthday dinner and I couldn't have asked for a better time. I really enjoyed it. 

Now we are home and back to reality. Hope you enjoyed your spring break as well!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SIX months

{2011} Christmas Card

State Fair of Texas