Kansas City weekend.....

last weekend, we took a little trip to Kansas City/Overland Park. I love this area of Kansas. We went because Kit {rylee's american girl doll} needed some new clothes, and I secretly wanted to hit up Nordstrom. ;) ha! Well, I guess it's no secret, the husband knows how much I like to shop. I didn't know they had an American Girl store until recently, and I am so happy they do. KC is much closer to us than Dallas. Although, y'all know I will take any opportunity to head back to my Texas roots {and all the best malls, of course}! We had the best time. While at the mall, Rylee went on this trampoline jump thing. She was a bit scared, but enjoyed it. Next, the girls and their daddy went on the carousel. Rylee, of course loved it, but little priss was so scared. Bless her heart, she cried almost the entire ride. After a long day of shopping, we stopped at Macaroni Grill for dinner, and then went back to the hotel for the night. {which by the way, Rylee let me know real quick how much she disliked the hotel I chose {Marriott} because it didn't have a couch, a balcony or room service. ha! She's six! We had a great weekend and can't wait to go back to Kansas City. 









On our way home, we stopped in Joplin, MO to do some more shopping, and we got to see firsthand the horrific tornado damage. It was something like I've never seen before. Like something out of a horror movie. I had chills. To see the volunteers working and the make shift church where a church once stood, heartbreaking and amazing at the same time. Amazing that these people volunteer their time to help complete strangers. Driving through the worst part, Rylee kept saying, "momma, this is so sad. This is so sad for these people." 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SIX months

{2011} Christmas Card

State Fair of Texas