We survived!



Rylee had her tonsils out on Friday, and we survived. I was a total wreck before the surgery. . . . I maybe got 2 hrs of sleep  the night before. NOT good. I was so nervous. I got up at 4:30 Friday morning, got ready, woke Kasey and Rylee up, and out the door we went. I was sick to my stomach the short drive to the hospital. Rylee, didn't seem nervous at all. It took everything I had not to burst into tears. NOT a good morning for me. We checked in, changed Rylee into her hospital gown, and waited. In my opinion, NO reason to be there 2 hours early. For the first hour, we watched tv. {which, sitting around made my nerves worse} Finally the nurse came in to get us. They let us go down the the OR with Rylee. We waited in the little holding area, and the anesthesiologist came to talk to us..... after her chat, she asked if I had any questions. UGH, ME? of course I did. I had a million questions, but decided that I wasn't going to ask all of them, simply because I was already nervous, no need to fill my head with crazy stuff. After, the anesthesia team left, her ENT came in. Dr. Johnson is super sweet. I really like her a lot. She went over the procedure, made sure Rylee knew what was going on, and then it was time for the surgery. The moment I had dreaded was here. I kissed and hugged my baby, and off she went. She was so brave. Not one tear. Oddly enough, I didn't cry either. I was a nervous wreck, but I didn't cry. I think something inside me was saying, "Don't do it, don't show her you're scared." We went to the OR waiting room, and seriously, 20 min later, Dr. Johnson came in and told us she was out of surgery. It was over. Whew.... another 10 minutes, we were finally whisked backed to recovery. She was sleeping so peacefully. She finally opened her eyes, looked at me, and said, "Momma, did they take my tonsils?" I said yes, and she laid back down and went back to sleep. So cute. After about 30 min in recovery, they took her back upstairs to her room, and after 3 hours, we were headed home.




The first two days at home, she slept most of the day. I can say, the recovery has been a lot easier than I had thought. She is doing so well. She has not complained once! {except for tonight - she told me she was starving!} I am so happy that we decided to do this. Poor kid had so many positive strep test since December....it was time to remove the tonsils. 

The best part of the weekend, my brother and sister in law, came to visit. I am so thankfully they were here. It helped so much having an extra pair, or two, of hands around to help with Landry. We had a great time with them. The girls really enjoyed getting to spend time with them. :) Sunday afternoon, Rylee was feeling better and wanted to give her uncle boo boo {michael} a make-over. It was super cute! I think they had fun. 




What a good sport. He's the bestest! :) 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SIX months

{2011} Christmas Card

State Fair of Texas